I was so excited to discover that Lavender Linen & Lace was nominated for the Liebster Award by Breanna McKay of Bre McKay! I am so honored to be a nominee for this award. How amazing that my little known (as of right now) blog would be recognized like this. Thank you so much Bre, I simply cannot thank you enough for this little boost of confidence.
Starting a blog is a daunting and sometimes terrifyingly exciting journey but there are so many amazing bloggers out there who are so happy to offer support and help that the journey is so worth it. Having a little recognition for how hard you have been working in the beginning can help you remember why you started blogging in the first place and encourage you to keep going and never give up.
So once again thank you Bre for this honor, I love connecting with other bloggers and your blog is amazing. Bre has a simple and very beautiful blog featuring some yummy recipes, DIY, party ideas, and tips on family. I love it! There are rules that must be followed when you are nominated:
- You have to thank the blog that nominated you.
- You have to answer the questions asked by the blog that nominated you.
- You have to nominate 11 other new bloggers.
- You have to set new questions for your nominees.
Here are the questions that were asked by Bre and my answers:
- What’s your favorite color? I love so many colors but I tend to gravitate more to pastels, they are so soft and inviting. I especially love lavender and blue.
- What’s your favorite Italian dish? Love Italian food, lasagna would have to be my favorite. I make a pretty good one according to my family, it is rare to have leftovers on lasagna night and it is the most requested meal for birthday dinners.
- If you could be anyone famous, who would you be? Probably Marie Antoinette, I love her even though she met such a tragic end she faced it with dignity and grace. I hope I can always face the trials in my life with dignity and grace.
- Would you ever go skydiving? Why or why not? Oh my goodness no way! Planes and I don’t agree very well and voluntarily falling from a huge height is not something I would do.
- Do you have any siblings? I have 3 sisters and 2 brothers.
- Do you have any pets? Yes I always joke we have a small zoo. My husband and daughter are complete animal lovers so we have 2 horses, 2 dogs, and 5 cats (I am the crazy cat lady in training lol). We love them all and they add so much to our lives, I can’t imagine not having them.
- What is one goal you have set for yourself for 2016? I want to continue to grow my blog, I am excited to see where this journey takes me.
- What is something you splurge on? Shoes and makeup, two of my favorite things.
- What is your favorite flower? Roses for sure, all colors and types. Roses remind me of my grandmother’s roses, she had a huge garden of them and I would spend as much time as I could smelling each one when I was little.
- Share your favorite blog post that you have written so far. My favorite post so far would have to be my most recent one my Spring Flowers Burlap and Lace Banner it was so much fun to do.
- What’s your favorite social media outlet? Right now I am loving Pinterest and Instagram.
Here are my nominees:
Rebekah McBride of Crayons In My Camera Bag. Her site is so beautiful, I love everything about it, especially the name. She has some great tips on life with little ones.
Jacqueline Gikow of Audacious-Aging.NYC. She is a personal trainer and wellness coach who specializes in not only physical health and fitness but mental health as well.
Lisa Hill of LoudParent. Her blog is dedicated to helping families of children with special needs. She offers a consultation program to give these families the support they need.
Jenny Kraakevik of Simply Experiencing. Her blog has such an amazing and positive feel. She writes about being yourself and living the life you want to live.
Michelle Leslie of A Crafty Mix. Her blog is chock full of great craft and DIY ideas. Of course I love meeting a fellow DIY blogger!
Cynthia Kohut-Koett of Saving and Simplicity. She blogs about budgeting (which I need to improve on), simple living, being debt free and more.
Shelly Tucker of Moms With Tots. Her blog is a great resource for families who are looking for fun activities to do together. She lists so many fun things to do, what a great resource for families with young kids, such a time saver.
Chanler Jeffers of Team Jeffers. Her blog is so positive and inspiring. She writes about her life. She encourages us to realize we can make a difference even in the smallest actions.
Anna Koroschetz of Foundations Co. She blogs about building stronger relationships with the important people in your life and also encourages people to reach their full potential.
Kelly Andre of The Inspired Parent. She has a blog full of fun and “inspiring” activities, health and wellness, recipes, and projects. Her blog is lovely, bright, and simple.
Jason Joven of JasonGoesTo. This is probably one of the most visually stunning blogs out there. The photos are amazing. He gives great tips on each of his destinations, I love it!
Here are the questions for my nominees:
- If you could live anywhere in the world where would it be and why?
- What song represents your life the most?
- What is your favorite go-to meal on a busy night?
- Where do you see yourself in 10 years?
- What would your ideal day be like?
- Why did you decide to start blogging?
- What are you most grateful for and why?
- Are you a cat or dog person?
- What inspires you the most?
- If you could have any superpower what would it be?
- What was the last book you read, did you love it or hate it?
I just want to say Congratulations to all my nominees and thank you for participating. It has been so fun getting to know you all better and seeing your blogs.Share This: